It's a new year, and a new special! The January Special features many cuts of meat, including 3 lbs of pork chops! So here's a cozy casserole to keep you warm on these chilly January days.
Cream of Mushroom Pork Chop and Rice Casserole
- 2 10.5oz cans of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups instant rice
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese blend
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 6 boneless pork chops approximately 1 inch thick
- 1 cup French’s crispy fried onions
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Dump the cream of mushroom soup, milk, water and Italian seasoning into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix well.
- Scoop out a 1/2 cup of the soup mix and set it aside.
- Add the instant rice to the bowl.
- Add 1 cup of the shredded cheese and 1/2 cup of the chopped green onions to the bowl.
- Stir all of the ingredients together.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish well with cooking spray.
- Dump the rice mixture into the baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Place the pork chops in a single layer on top of the rice mixture.
- Pour the remaining 1/2 cup of the soup mixture over the pork chops.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes remove the dish from the oven and sprinkle the remaining cup of shredded cheese on top of the pork chops.
- Sprinkle the French’s crispy fried onions and the remaining 1/4 cup of chopped green onions on top of the cheese.
- Return the dish to the oven continue baking until the cheese is completely melted. 8 -12 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and allow the casserole to sit for a few minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!